This course is designed for:
Personnel officers, personal assistants, employees in the hospitality business and all those whose position requires dealing and interacting with important persons in both government and private sectors.
– Behave correctly in both business and social situations. – Interact effectively with different types of guests. – Play the role of the ideal host at various functions. – Organize and manage events such as business luncheons and formal dinners. – Meet and greet important guests, clients and customers in a proper manner. – Deal successfully with the media.
Definitions of Etiquette and Protocol
– The Importance of Etiquette in Business. – The Importance of Protocol in Business. – Applying the Right Behaviour in Different Situations. – Creating the Right Image for your Organization. – Image Building and Image Management.
– Gaining Guests’ Respect. – Understanding Human Relations. – Proper Greetings and Introductions. – Professional Hand-Shaking. – Giving Business Cards in a Proper Way. – People’s Names (Pronunciation and Remembering).
The Ideal Host
– Key Qualities of the Ideal Host. – Dealing with Different Types of Guests. – Handling Difficult Personalities. – Dealing with Guests’ Complaints. – Handling Guests’ Complaints in a Timely Manner. – Perception and Business Relations.
Managing Events and Behaviour
– The Business Meal. – Table Manners at Business Lunches and Business Dinners. – Setting of the Room and Table. – Mistakes to Avoid at Business Events. – Meeting Guests at Airports.
Proper Communication Etiquette
– Phone Etiquette. – Meeting Etiquette. – Email Etiquette. Handling the Media – Dealing with Questions. – Handling Confidential Information. – Effective Public Relations.